Friday 10 January 2014

Bali 2013 - Day 4

A highlight of the trip was definitely the Mount Batur Volcano Sunrise Trek. More details of the tour can be found here.

We woke up at 1am to get ready as the car will pick us up at 2am to reach the starting point at around 4am to start the trek. We were supposed to have 2 other persons to join us for this trek but they backed out last minute. So it became a 'private' tour for us again which was great as we could really follow our own pace and not feeling bad to delay the other group. 

Journey to the starting point was really long and we fell asleep on the car. When we reached, it was still pitch-dark. We started off our trek and met this young girl who is just 10 years old. At first I thought she was just following someone she knows up the Mountain as it was school holidays for the students then. Never did I expected that she was actually carrying cans of drinks in her backpack and selling them at the top when everyone stopped and rested. Heavy backpack and she was making a living out of it. Gosh... and I promised her that I would get a drink from her if I managed to reach the top and in the end, I did.

Anyway, here's the beautiful views of the sunrise after 2 hours of trekking. It was quite tiring with some steep slopes but totally worth it.

Beautiful Sunrise at Mount Batur

Good thing that Sense Bali Hotel allowed us to do a late check out as we reached the hotel after 12pm. We washed up and went out for lunch. There was this cafe that was just nearby and it has been closed for the days we were there. I was so glad that it opened for business on our last day and we went in for lunch. Gosh, I rather it was closed and we made our way to Seminyak Square. There was only 1 main course on their menu and they did not state any price at the menu. Looking at the layout of the cafe, we thought the food would not be too expensive. But we were wrong. The total bill was almost the same as what we had at Seminyak square but the quality of the food can't be compared to what we had there. Regretted but well, if we never tried, we would never know. 

Nasi Ayam Kedewatan

With time left to departing to the airport, well, we went to Seminyak Square for the last coffee break of the trip. Back at Black Canyon Coffee for french fries and a cup of Cranberry coffee. I have to say, nice way to end off the trip. 

Black Canyon

A great trip with many first times for my friends and well, I have learnt more about myself and my friends along the way. A journey of self-discovery would never be the same without my two friends with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment