Sunday 20 April 2014

Kimchi Korean Restaurant - Suntec City

Annyeonghaseyo - oh well, I just returned from Seoul (do keep a lookout for my posts on Seoul) and today I went into a Korean Restaurant at Suntec City. Princess C recommended that and I guess since she is quite a Korean Fan, it cannot go much wrong.

This restaurant serves grill BBQ. Thus, be prepared to stink if the other patrons ate Grilled meat. There I ordered a can of Peach Juice and  a Seafood Doen Jang Soup with rice. Well, the soup was not as spicy as I thought that would be, given that this dish is given a '2 chilli' rating on the menu. It was just nice for me. I remembered being a seafood soup, I had a Mussel, a prawn, a half lobster (if you deem that to be), a clam and with tofus and mushrooms. I must say, the combination and the taste was good but could we have more seafood?

Oh by the way, I not sure if it is due to the weekend, the service crews were not very attentive and since we marked down our orders on the order chit, I would have expected the service crew to repeat our order to make sure we got them right. Instead, that lady just walked off with our ordering chit and we concluded that she had not paid attention to our remarks - my friend asked for less spicy for her Kimchi soup but it turned out to be super red for the broth. Another asked for less rice and all 4 bowls of rice appeared to be the same. So well, if you are not taking such remarks seriously, why bother have that column in the first place, agree?

Peach Juice, Seafood Doen Jang soup

Oh, unlike the other Korean restaurants, Kimchi Restaurant does not serve complimentary banchan (side dishes). You need to pay for it at quite an affordable price but I am not sure if they are refillable. Can't really comment on that since we did not order that but I guess it might be a good things since we are not 'forced' to have them on the table and thus, the price of the food are comparatively made cheaper? Well, that's for each individual to determine.

Kimchi Korean Restaurant
#02-387
Suntec City Mall Convention Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment