Wednesday 29 July 2015

SALUTE coffeeshop @ ALEXANDRA

Found a heartland eatery - Atas food choice but at affordable price. So off we went to Salute Coffee Shop @ Alexandra - near to Ikea and Queensways Shopping Centre. 

As the setting goes as a Coffee shop, this place contains many uprising (in my humble opinion) food eateries coming together. 

We managed to try out 3 stalls there. Well, when there's food on the table, photos seems to be less. Reason being, (1) I want to start eating straight away. (2) You got to try it out yourself!

1. Two Wings
Because one just isn't enough. 
Actually I have not really heard from my friends so that day was really the first day I get to know about this stall. So with no reviews in my head, I tried out the wings. Well, the wing tasted okay to me. It does not taste oily though it was deep fried. The crust was a little less flavour. Okay, one is enough for me! 
2. Stew Kuche

Ordered the Aglio Olio as we wanted to have some carbos for the night. Had a pork sausage as well. The aglio olio was al dente and flavorful. Paired up with the pork sausage was great. The pork sausage was juicy but a little oily. Okay, I think this place is more for its Pork knuckles and so, well, I will be back to try it out the next time! 

3. Sea Salt - The Seafood Place

Mussels was at the top of our mind when we saw this place. As we ordered the Vino mussels. This was quite disappointing as we had tried better ones. Not much of the white wine taste and aroma and the whole dish tasted quite bland. 

Next up is the Garlic Cream Prawns In A Pot. This was much better as the sauce was tastier. Dip the the complimentary baguette in it and it tasted great. The prawn was fresh and juicy. So thumbs up to this dish!

Last on the table went the Deep Fried Sea Bass with Mango Sauce. This is served with potato salad and broccoli on the side. No photo of it as we were busy eating away. The sea bass, I have to say, is really fresh. There is no 'muddy' taste and the mango sauce supplemented it well. 

Left - Seasalt the seafood place
Right - Stew Kuche

Will I be back? Definitely to try out other stalls!

Address:
Salute
119 Bukit Merah Lane 1
Singapore 151119
(behind Alexandra Village Food Centre)

No comments:

Post a Comment